- Butterflies like large, sunny open areas
- Plant desired plants in masses, rather than in rows or scattered areas.
- Use a fence, trees or shrubs to protect the butterflies from the wind.
They will also provide shelter for the butterflies at night.
- Butterflies enjoy puddles. You can make a puddle with a shallow
dish filled with sand or gravel and fill with stale beer, sweet drinks
or water. Overripe fruit also attracts butterflies.
- Do not use pesticides in your garden because they kill butterflies.
- Choose a mix of annual and perennial flowers that bloom from early
spring through late summer Also, the more different kinds of plants,
the greater the variety of butterfiels will come.
- Place a few dark, flat stones in your garden so the butterflies can rest there.